Position – Tool Maker/Mold Maker*
2nd shift (afternoons) - 5% differential
3rd shift (overnight) - 15% differential
Are you a Mold Maker or Tool & Die professional interested in the high-tech plastics industry and the opportunity to expand your knowledge and grow with our company? We have openings for those with the ability to lead projects through the tool room. Our Mold Makers build molds used in the production of micro and small injection molded components for medical, micro electronics, micro optics, automotive electronics and military/aerospace. Work is completed in a state of the art, fully climate controlled facility
Summary of Duties:
Completes engineering and machining tasks used in the building of precision plastic injection molds used in the production of small and micro sized plastic parts. Uses various machining techniques to build molds that will produce a quality plastic parts that meet the requirements of the customer. Provides tooling support to the engineering, production, quality and maintenance departments of Accumold.
- Build components for new tools, existing tools and molds through the use of tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department. Read and interpret plans from paper drawings or computer files.
- Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses and trouble-shoots new and existing molds to make improvements or corrections.
- Work as a team with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
- High School or GED required.
- Two year tool & die degree in Tool & Die (or equivelant) plus four years experience in tooling or mold making preferred or the equivalent education and experience.
- Competent in the use of mold-making tools such as metal saws, mills, grinder, lathes, EDM sinkers, EDM Wire, EDM Hole Burner and CNC Mill.
- Ability to perform tasks within very close tolorances used in the building of micro-molds.
- Ability to operate personal computer. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master CAM and SolidWorks.
Accumold offers competitive compensation with a flexible benefit package including health and dental insurance, matching 401(k), paid time off (PTO), holiday pay and shift differential.
Send resume or application to : firstname.lastname@example.org
*This description is intended only to provide information about the general nature of the job and is not an all-inclusive list of job duties or requirements.
The duties of this job are executed in a climate-controlled environment with few temperature or humidity extremes.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.